Saturday, January 3, 2015

11/30/14

It’s finally December. I hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving. I spent it in the rain. It was great. They don't have many holidays here so we didn't even know when it was. Lucky us. So this letter is going to be short. Nothing really happened this week. It rained every day so all our plans seemed to fall through. We taught two people pretty consistently and they are on the track to be baptized sometime soon, so we will see how it goes. They are really receptive to the gospel
and all the commitments we ask of them. Gold mines. I got bed bugs so I had a great week and I lost most my appetite so I don’t eat a lot right now. I’m shrinking in size!!! yay. We walked everywhere this week. We don’t have a ton of money. So this week I focused a lot on Christlike attributes and figured that that’s what I’m going to make my focus be is to become more like Christ. So I have a challenge for all of you, become more like Christ. Portray a Christlike attribute this week. My focus for today is charity and love so I hope I can find a way to serve someone. I got really down on myself this week because I feel like I am at the point where I should be able to be speaking but I can’t or really understand at all. So it’s tough. I really got upset on Sunday. I was tired and not really having a lot of patience. Didn’t posses that attribute very much. Well I got upset because I feel like our area is not progressing at all. Sacrament meeting attendance was at 53 and we had one investigator at church. We are trying so hard and I feel like we are inspired to stop at places but then they are either busy or are not there. I got frustrated with it and just wanted to quit. I knew I was going to have these days but I didn’t think that they would be this bad. Guess I just have to make them better. My companion gave me some really good advice. He said "God will give us challenges, and when we finish one another one comes. We have to push through them to learn and grow." That is so true. Whether we are struggling with school or something in life. We will get through it. The best part is that we have a Father in Heaven who loves us and wants the best for us and is there for us. All we have to do is ask for his guidance or his help or comfort. He doesn’t always answer when we want it but exactly when we need it. I struggled with adjusting for the longest time and I prayed and prayed that it would be easier. It didn’t happen overnight. It’s taken till now. 5 weeks later for me to feel like I am adjusting, feel like I am getting over missing home and focusing on the day and how I can help them come closer to Christ.

I know that the gospel of Jesus Christ is restored on the earth again, and that we have a prophet and apostles who are living who lead and guide us. We have a Father in Heaven who loves us more than we can comprehend. He is there for every struggle we have. I am so glad I
chose to serve a mission. It has blessed my life in so many ways. It’s tough and I am struggling at times but I am growing way faster than I ever imagined. I have a true love for each and everyone to come closer to Christ. Thank you for all the prayers and support you all are giving me. I am feeling it more and more each day. It makes me stronger and want to be the best I can be.

Love always,
Elder Carlton

P.S. I found out that dear elder works here in my mission so I can receive those as well. I love getting mail!! So this week I got pants made and I got lazy and took my laundry to the laundry hut. haha. So nice to have clean clothes and it only costs me like $5 so it’s awesome. About the same to get a pair of pants made. haha. And I ate pasta for almost every dinner. hahahahahaha

if possible could you guys report to me how the christlike attribute thing went? and send me dear elders?? haha

No comments:

Post a Comment