Tuesday, February 24, 2015

2/23/15

This week was full of all ups and downs for me. I learned to manage on the littlest of money and I learned how to say some new things in the language. 

This week I really questioned why I was on my mission. I thought about it and how I could be in school or working or doing something better with my life but as I thought about it I kept thinking of the things I treasure most in life and what the root of everything is. It is the gospel of Jesus Christ It is the center of our lives. It is something that i treasure very dear and am so grateful to have it in my life. I have come to learn the basics of it and how i treasure it so much. 

This week we had the opportunity to go on splits with the ward mission leader and one of the branch missionaries that is getting ready to leave for his mission. I went with the ward missionary. We got along really well so it was a lot of fun for me to be able to go with him. We talk to each other and had fun learning new phrases from each other. We laughed so much that day. It really was a lot of fun. I loved being able to work with him! It will be sad to see him leave. He only has 3 more weeks till he leaves for his mission in the southern Philippines. 

We got to clean the apartment this week. much needed. It looks so much better now. I spent an hour cleaning the bathroom. All the times mom had me clean the bathroom were for a good reason. It pays off now. I didn't think about it till now but as we grow up our parents teach us things that sometimes we think are not in our best interest and that we can do something better or we have a better way. Well for me I was wrong. My parents knew pretty well what I needed to learn. Even if it was cleaning a bathroom to make it shine. 

This week  I finished the book of Mormon. It was really neat to say i finished it in 3 transfers. So about 18 weeks. I leaned so much from it. I learned  how to make myself better and how to accomplish new things! 

Anyways. I am ready to face the new challenges of this week. Love you guys and wish you were here to experience this with me! It is truly a blessing to be here. I wouldn't change it for anything. 

Love Jordan

No comments:

Post a Comment